Graveyard Cake and Surprise Happy Birthday!

Steven celebrated his 19th Birthday in style this weekend!  We were able to pull off a GREAT surprise birthday party for him!! For my next few posts I don't have the pictures for each step like I normally do. I was trying to work as covertly as possible all week.
This cake is super easy and anyone can make it.  You can even use a box cake if you like.

1 Chocolate Cake baked in 9 in pans
1 batch butter cream frosting tinted black (or a tub of vanilla frosting and add the black food coloring, I said it was easy)
Halloween sprinkles
1 package Halloween Oreo's

In a food processor blend the cookies to make the "grave yard dirt".  I liked the orange filling ones better I think it has an ethereal look to the "dirt". 
Level the tops of your cakes so they will stack flat.  Spread a layer of frosting on top of one cake and sprinkle the Halloween sprinkles on top.  Place the second layer of cake on top and spread a layer of frosting on top.  Don't frost the sides.  Spread the "dirt" on the top of the cake.  Place the tombstone cookies and ghost cookies on top. Halloween Sugar Cookies  Spread the rest of the "dirt" around the bottom edge of the cake.  Viola you have a Spooktacular Cake!

3 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...