Not your Mom's Chicken and Rice

First things first, I am glad to be back in the world of food blogging! After Two weeks of crazy, busy, crazy, no time to think. I have things back under control and am posting again, and having time to read my e-mails, and look at all your wonderful recipes! I missed all of this! Blogging although very time consuming is my personal little getaway and my way to reach out and enrich myself in the world. I love the community and the great friends that I have made.
Although my picture is not that great. White Rice is not exactly the most stunning of subjects, this dish really is a great modern twist on the classic Chicken and Rice.  The fresh flavors of orange marmalade and the hearty rich almond cream sauce really hold together well.

4 Skinless boneless chicken breasts
3tbs butter divided
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
3 tbs orange marmalade
1 tbs dijon mustard
1 small pinch red pepper flakes
1/2 cup slivered almonds
2 cups cooked white rice

Toast Almonds in a pan over medium high heat till golden brown.
Salt and Pepper both sides of the chicken breast.  Melt 2 tbs of the butter and brown both sides of the chicken approx 5 min per side. (depending on the thickness of the chicken) Remove from pan and keep warm.
In the sauce pan bring the heavy cream, marmalade, mustard, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
Add the chicken and the almonds to the pan and cook till heated through.  Plate the chicken on top of the cooked hot rice and serve. I also made Asparagus as an accompaniment.
This asparagus is shown with my Chicken and Apples. A recipe coming soon so make sure to check back!!!! I post on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...