Summer Striped Salad

I am a fledgling vegetarian, although I can't quite make the final leap and cut meat out all together I really do try to keep it to a minimum. So all summer long I am looking for fun and tasty salads that will keep me trim and fulfill my two ravenous boys! My husband and my step son, that lives with us, are always starving and want a full meal! I feel like this salad not only is healthy and light but it is also very filling!

1 bag fresh baby spinach washed drained and pat dried

4 baby carrots sliced, 2 Tbs Blue Cheese, 2 roma tomatoes sliced, 2 radishes sliced, 1/2 cucumber cubed, 2 hard-boiled eggs sliced.

1/2 an avocado sliced and 4 turkey bacon strips cooked cooled and chopped.

On a large serving platter place spinach to cover plate, then lay in a vertical lines across the spinach in order of ingredients 1-6 listed.  Salt and Pepper to taste then lay avocado across the top in the center over the tomatoes, and pile bacon on top of avocado. Serve with your favorite dressing or you can make my Basic Vinaigrette

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...